Following the hugely successful inaugural Techies 2018, the award scheme will return to Hartham Park for its second year in 2019.
The Techies was designed by The Business Exchange to celebrate the innovation and entrepreneurship of the local IT community, bringing together the area’s finest talent.
Anita Jaynes owner of The Business Exchange and founder of the Techies said: “The Techies 2018 was fantastic, it truly recognised this important sector and its impact on our local economy. The inaugural awards achieved everything I set out to achieve and more. We attracted award entries from every town and city in Wiltshire, over 120 people attended on awards night, our techies connected and made new meaningful relationships and whole teams turned out to celebrate their successes.
“I was bored of the black tie, chicken dinner awards ceremony and wanted to create something with a more modern vibe. Our Techies 2018 guests enjoyed an around the world market menu, designed by the Hartham Park team and Calne-based artisan ice cream and sorbet maker Fluffy Puffin brought some theatre to the proceedings with their Heston Blumenthal-style offering.
“I also wanted the Techies to be ethical in terms of its pricing model. It’s only £5 to enter the awards, making them accessible to one-man-bands and corporations, ensuring the awards are fully inclusive. The tickets to attend the award ceremony were affordable too, with it being just £30 on an early-bird deal and £40 thereafter. I’m adopting the same pricing model for the 2019 awards.”
The award categories are:
- Most Innovative Tech Solution – (Won by ojo solutions in 2018)
- Best User Experience – (Won by Render in 2018)
- The Cutting IT Award (recognising emerging technology – Won by Blue Frontier in 2018)
- Using Tech to Transform Business – (Won by Render in 2018)
- Driven By Data – (Won by Infinity Nation in 2018)
- Tech Team of the Year – (Won by Purple Lime in 2018)
- Cloud Innovation of the Year – (Won by Brighter Sight in 2018)
- Best Tech Security – (Won by Foregenix in 2018)
- Social Impact Award – (Won by ojo solutions in 2018)
- Future Tech Superstar – (Won by Leon Johnson, Render in 2018)
- Best Tech Support Service – (Won by ISN in 2018)
- Flying the Flag for Swindon & Wiltshire Tech – (Won by Cardwave in 2018)
We will be announcing our sponsors and judging panel when the awards open for entry on Monday 14 January. We are hosting a launch breakfast at the Workshed, Swindon on Thursday 10 January from 8-10am. Attendees will be able to find out more about the 2019 awards, meet some of the judges and will be able to network with like-minded people. To book your space and to find out more email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The 2019 award ceremony will take place on Thursday May 9, at Hartham Park, Corsham.
If you want to be aligned with the best in IT and technology in Swindon & Wiltshire please get in touch to find out more about our sponsorship packages. Email: email@example.com